The South Carolina Festival & Event Association will be offering entertainment showcasing opportunities in conjunction with its Event Planner’s Conference & Trade Show. The showcase is intended to present artists to festival and event planners for possible future bookings. Showcasing performers are selected through an application process open to artists and entertainers and their agents who are members of the association.
Tuesday, January 21 | North Charleston, SC
The showcasing opportunities are January 21 – 22, 2020 in North Charleston, SC. To offer the best exposure for entertainers, ensure the conference integrity, and offer the best overall showcasing possible, performances are limited to selected entertainers through the application process. The entertainment is always a highlight of the conference and we look forward to offering you a chance to shine!
Our showcase committee has built into the conference schedule showcasing opportunities during social activities, and dining times including, but not limited to, Tuesday afternoon and evening, as well as Wednesday afternoon. We hope that you will keep this in mind as you send in your submissions.
· Artist must be a member of SCFEA or represented by a member agency.
· Deadline for Showcase applications is Friday, November 15, 2019.
· Showcase application fee is $40. Submit with mailed or online application (Non-refundable). THERE IS NO PERFORMANCE FEE!
· Incomplete showcase applications, applications received after the deadline, or applications received without fee will not be considered. Please complete your application carefully and submit in a timely fashion.
· Artists will be notified of their selection status no later than December 6, 2019. If selected to perform, the artist/agency is required to register for the conference as an Associate and have an exhibit booth. No additional performance fees are required after the application!.
· Band performances will be scheduled during the SC event planner’s conference at the Charleston Marriott North, January 21 – 22, 2020. Artists may have the opportunity to perform in the evenings, during lunch, at breaks, or other times during the conference. SCFEA will provide sound and light production. Artist will provide all other instruments & equipment.
· All performers selected MUST have an exhibit booth at the conference. The booth and Associate registration must be purchased by the artist or by the member agency that submits the artist and be received by the SCFEA office no later than December 20. Failure to meet this deadline may result in loss of showcase opportunity. An alternate will replace removed artists. Please note, there is a registration savings deadline of December 20. The SCFEA is unable to extend this discounted registration, so early registration is recommended.
· Association membership applications may accompany an entertainment showcase application. Showcasing selections, however, are based on the best applications and genre variety. New membership DOES NOT guarantee showcasing opportunities.